Posted by Yoda and Dauntless Don | Posted in Counter Terrorism, Crime, Cross Border violence, Drug Cartels, Emergency Planning, Escalating Crime, Home, Illegal Immigration, Intelligence Organizations, Islamic Terrorists, Kidnapping, Law Enforcement, Magnified View, News Analysis, Personal Security, Politics, Security, Survival Information, Tactics and Training | Posted on 09-02-2013
Obama Gun Grab Critical Update
San Diego, 02/07/13 Yoda -&- Dauntless Don
Part IV of the Magnified View’s Blockbuster Government Grabbing Your Guns series
“I have been a Certified ( Rifle-Pistol-Shotgun ) and law enforcement instructor since 1963. I have seen the anti-gun fanatics emotionally surge after each and every mass shooting incident. I have never seen a sitting President of the United States exploit a tragedy to crusade to cause his law abiding citizens to be helpless,” said Yoda addressing a San Diego law enforcement audience in 2012.
It is an insult to logic, even for the most fuzzy, fanatic, liberal, to believe that any anti-gun law would have prevented Sandy Hook, Aurora, Ft. Hood, the Alabama 5 year old kidnapping or any mass shooting atrocity. The only scenario that would have saved the victims is an armed citizen, armed guard or off-duty officer on the scene who would engage, deter and defeat the murderer. Period!
Why would President Obama be zealously campaigning to disarm law abiding citizens? Every society in history that has disarmed it’s citizens has devolved to communism and/or fascism.
Gun laws serve only to discourage and dissuade the “God fearing, Bible believing, law abiding, gun packing, America loving citizens” that Obama complained and warned us about during his election campaign. He clearly wants to deprive us from having a firearm to protect ourselves and our families.
Criminals acquire guns on the black market and hold gun laws in contempt as the crimes they commit carry long imprisonment penalties. They could care less about a hypothetical couple of year imprisonment for violating a firearms law.
Criminals, psychopaths, street gangs and Narco Cartel members righteously perceive strict gun law areas as open invitations to prey on defenseless victims. Chicago, New York, and Washington DC’s strictest gun laws prove conclusively that gun laws are simply ineffective.
Chicago murders exceed Iraq and Afghanistan combined. It is incongruous that the mayors of Chicago, New York and Washington, D.C. even stricter gun laws. Please think about that!
Pop Quiz: What is the most dangerous assault weapon ever used against Americans on American soil?
Answer . . . .The box cutter! The Islamist terrorists used box cutters to skyjack the airplanes they flew into the World Trade Centers, killing nominally 3,000+ souls.
Assault Rifle and/or Assault Weapon, a practical working definition to be used in future articles in this series: Here is the essential component of an assault weapon nomenclature as used by the ordinance, firearms industries, military and law enforcement communities.
Obama and his point girl, Feinstein, have been successful in creating confusion among the uninitiated by using and mis-using the term, "Semi-Automatic". The uninitiated readily confuse "Semi-Automatic" with "Fully-Automatic – machine gun".
Point of Interest: Did you know that anti-gun Senator Dianne Feinstein has a current carrying concealed permit and arms herself with a pistol.
An "Assault Weapon" is not a "Semi-Automatic" anything. It is a machine gun. When the shooter pulls the trigger the gun continues to fire until the replaceable clip or built-in magazine is empty. Many modern assault weapons include a switch that allows the shooter to select a single shot, 3 round burst or fully automatic feature. This is still an assault weapon as it can be used as a machine gun that can be shot with one pull of the trigger until the clip or magazine is empty.
Semi Automatic means that one bullet is fired every time the trigger is pulled.
Here, for your bemusement, is a partial list of the pseudo assault weapon features that Obama and his point girl, Feinstein, are zealously attempting to outlaw as military style weapons.
The following cosmetic nonsense is part of Obama’s agenda to disarm the citizens. He takes exception to guns that look like guns:
Military appearance - Dangerously looks scary. What the hell should a gun look like and what difference does it make ?
Carry Handle - Dangerously allows owner to carry the gun around.
Collapsable stock – Dangerously allows the rifle to be smaller in length. This is a feature to adjust the length of the gun to fit individual body sizes.
Heat shield on barrel – Dangerously allows shooter not to burn hands.
Rifle with a pistol grip – Dangerously allows better control of the weapon. How could this be a bad thing?
Rifle that accepts clips or magazines – Dangerously allows law abiding citizens to have as many bullets as they may need to defend themselves or others.
Telescopic Site - Dangerously allows the shooter better accuracy at greater distances to keep bad guys at bay.
It is, at best, ominious and sinister that the President of the United States of America is aggressively attempting to cause his citizens helpless to defend themselves.
An historical fact is that every country in history that has disarmed it’s citizens became oppressive and tyrannical.
Watch for part 5 of the series coming soon.
"Speak softly and carry an assault weapon"
Yoda / God fearing, Bible believing, law abiding, gun packing America loving citizens
Here are Obama’s 23 Executive Orders. A subtle ulterior purpose of the Executive Orders is to provide the government with a roster of gun owners. As with other gun control laws these do nothing except discourage law-abiding citizens from owning a gun:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. Yoda: Relevant data means name and address of gun owners.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background-check system. Yoda: This trashes HIPA and medical records privacy.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Yoda: Puts pressure on states to comply with yet another federal regulation.
4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. Yoda: "Categories of individuals" means anyone that the Attorney General doesn’t want to have a gun.
5. Propose a rule giving law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. Yoda: If your gun is seized you will never see it again.
6. Publish a letter from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to federally licensed gun dealers and private sellers. Yoda: The system is overwhelmed now with background checks. Who is going to run the background checks This is an effective method to delay approvals nearly indefinitely.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. Yoda: Responsible gun ownership means not owning a gun.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). Yoda: Gun locks and safes guarantee that you won’t get to the gun in time to defend yourself.
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations. Yoda: This already exists at the city, county and state levels.
10. Release a Department of Justice report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement. Yoda: Already exists.
11. Nominate an ATF director. Yoda: I nominate Diane Feinstein.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. Yoda: Already exists. Columbine changed active shooter response tactics throughout the country.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. Yoda: Yeah – Right!
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. Yoda: CDC published a study clearly revealing that anti-gun laws do nothing to surpress crime.
15. Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun-safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies. Yoda: Law abiding gun owners don’t need "innovative technologies" to practice gun safety.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. Yoda: It’s simply none of the doctors business. Tyrants create snitches all over the place.
17. Release a letter to healthcare providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. Yoda: This is ominous and has police state all over it.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. Yoda: Good idea!
19. Develop model emergency-response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education. Yoda: This already exists in the private and public sectors.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover. Yoda: It is nearly impossible to commit someone "involuntarily". That’s a bad thing and a good thing.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within Affordable Care Act exchanges. Yoda: I have no clue what this means.
22. Commit to finalizing mental-health parity regulations. Yoda: What’s a "mental health parity?
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health. Yoda: Just what we need. Another dialogue.
Please scroll down to the following articles:
"Obama’s Got A Grip On Your Guns"
"Government Gun Grab-The Sad Sandy Hook Sequel"
"Government Grabbing Your Guns"